Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh, food, and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark, part of Performance Food Group's family of companies, offers a full range of products, marketing programs, and technology solutions in the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a Centralized Buyer, you will manage the relationship and inventory investment for assigned vendors to achieve assigned key performance indicators (fill rate, days cost of sales, aged inventory). Additionally, you will collaborate with our sales, marketing and operations to implement programs (Core-Mark or customer specific). You will work with large and small vendors alike to create sustainable and successful partnerships to add value for our vendors, our customers, and ourselves. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to analyze and create strategies intended to improve category performance through the development and execution of strategic business plans.
- Reviewing & maintaining forecasting and inventory levels to ensure targeted fill rates are achieved.
- Maintain accurate pricing, promotions, and allowances in mainframe systems.
- Communicating with suppliers and carriers to arrange purchase orders (PO's), and assist Accounts Payable with approval of bills using SAP.
- Identifying & creating solutions to a variety of inventory conditions to avoid spoils and aged inventory.
- Building successful supplier relationships.
- Developing and communicating specific performance metrics and goals relevant to each supplier.
- Managing Fill-rate, DCOS, Aged Inventory and Expiry report within assigned commodities.
- Negotiating elements of assigned supplier relationships.
- Providing analysis and recommendations on relevant products.
- Seasonal planning and implementation
- Monitoring new developments, trends, and market activity.
- Preparing reports and records related to buying and inventory activities.
- Traveling when required for the position.
- Maintain safe work environment, adhere to safety procedures.
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent experience/training within the field.
- 2 or more years of combined buying, planning, sales, and allocation responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze multiple forms of data as it relates to the decision making process.
- Demonstrated professional leadership and negotiation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Excel, other Microsoft Office products, and Windows-based programs.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of R6, AS400 and SAP highly desired.
- Strong marketing, merchandising, product, trend, and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Procurement, Sales and Marketing.
- Prior knowledge, or ability to learn about market trends, conditions, seasonality, perishability, and inventory turns expertise.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees