Sr. Financial Analyst, Healthcare Finance
Under supervision from the Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst, Healthcare Finance is responsible for supporting the finance needs of data and report preparations by providing advanced financial analysis of medical expenses. This position requires an in-depth understanding of healthcare finance and relational database; being able to analyze data and translate into insights to help support business decisions and to prepare governmental reports. The Senior Financial Analyst needs to conduct quality analysis, while maintaining strong attention to detail to analyze financial and operational performance by using various ad hoc reporting tools.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Conduct financial and operational analyses involving a wide range of activities including but not limited to data extraction, the generation of reports and analyses, and verifying data quality from data sources. This job requires substantial and complex use of the company's information systems.
- Consistent review, problem solving, and communication of financial data systems and reports. This includes identifying and providing solutions related to data integrity issues and reconciliation between accounting systems, claim systems, reporting systems and the data warehouse.
- Using data to analyze and evaluate financial performance, identify and communicate findings to support decision making.
- Write and execute SQL queries for the purposes of Medical Expense Reporting, DHCS data requests as well as other reporting and analysis functions. Work within a complex network of data sources and tools, thinking strategically about optimal methods for structuring and presenting data to end users. Participate in data gathering, reporting and analysis for data requests from external regulatory entities.
- Proactively identify anomalies in medical expenses, including utilization, unit cost and other finance related metrics.
- Understand and apply project management and system design techniques.
- Develop assumptions and model various financial scenarios.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of new program/contract changes, including but not limited to setup general ledger account mappings, aid code grouping, invoice processing, and overpayment recoupments.
- Document data flows and logic. Engage in department's cross-training efforts to improve knowledge base of the FP&A team.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager, FP&A, and other Finance/AAH managers and executives.
- Consult with managers, IT, and other Alliance employees.
- Systematic review, problem solving, design, and implementation of financial data systems and reports.
- Data extraction, mining, and gathering from diverse systems.
- Data analysis and report preparation.
- Identify and follow up on potential data quality issues.
- Guide integrating findings into financial operations.
- Comply with the organization's Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
- Constant and close visual work at desk or on a computer.
- Constant sitting and working at desk.
- Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
- Frequent use of telephone headset.
- Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Business Administration, healthcare finance, Information Technology or related field or equivalent professional experience.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
- Three years' experience analyzing complex data and creating management information for financial reporting and decision support.
- Three years' experience analyzing healthcare expense in an insurance or health plan setting.
*If this is not a fit for you, or you are not interested, Ascent/ACS offers an excellent referral bonus. We look forward to hearing from you!
Recruiter: Amanda Bazurto-Smith | 925-627-4988
About Innova Solutions:
- Proficient understanding of the data integrity and database structure.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently to provide leadership.
- Proficient understanding of healthcare and/or insurance industry. Know the general business processes in healthcare and how they affect an organization. Understand the regulatory requirements for HMOs.
- Ability to multi-task; being able to gather, analyze and interpret complex data and generate accurate report to support decision making.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and experienced in maintaining a complex, automated financial system required.
- Ability to create documents that describe systems and processes.
- Experience in using Microsoft SQL Studio and other data and visualization software.
- Advanced experience in using Microsoft Office products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to understand the nuances of data (e.g., people using the same name to refer to different things).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully relate to people at all levels.
- Plan and complete tasks to a high standard on time.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and daily ambiguity is essential.
Innova Solutions (previously known as The Ascent Services Group/ACS) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting and workforce management solutions. We work in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Business Professional talent categories, and meet the needs of mid-market and large Enterprise clients. With nearly 6 million professionals in our network, you will have access to an abundance of opportunities and resources to assist you in career development. Our promise is to listen, connect, and deliver value