⭐️SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR REGISTERED/CERTIFIED COUNSELORS⭐️
El Cajon Comprehensive Treatment Center, located in El Cajon, CA, is part of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the leading provider of medication-assisted treatment in the nation. Our counseling team provides compassionate, high-quality counseling and therapy to patients that are seeking recovery from Opioid Use Disorder.
Your Job as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient's treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient's recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Opportunityfor growth that is second to none in the industry
Shift hours are early mornings Monday - Friday from 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM, allowing you to enjoy a great work/life balance.
Your Responsibilities as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
Your Skills and Qualifications as a Substance Abuse Counselor
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, insuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient' needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social or health services field, with 2+ years exp in counseling field; or bachelor's degree in other field with 4+ years in the counseling field, OR
- Master's degree in social or health services field, with 1 year professional work exp; degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- Prior experience working with MAT (medication assisted treatment) highly preferred
- Registration required (RADT-1, RADT-II, RAC, or RACi)
- CCAPP, CAADE, or CADTP certification preferred