Red River Hospital is the leading provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral healthcare in Wichita Falls, TX. Our treatment services & specialized programs address drug and alcohol addiction and co-occurring mental illness.
Red River Hospital has been a leader in behavioral healthcare for over 40 years, providing superior healthcare treatment to the people, communities, and military installations we serve. We are a private inpatient 96 bed acute psychiatric facility dedicated to the treatment of behavioral health and substance abuse services. Located in Wichita Falls, Texas, Red River Hospital provides mental health and substance abuse treatment to the following populations:
- Dedicated military personnel
- Adolescents (ages 12 through 17)
Our excellent staff is committed to the continuous improvement of behavioral healthcare by providing treatment opportunities that promote individual, family, and community wellness. As a team, we are dedicated to providing high quality, outstanding care and attending to the individual needs of each patient and their family in a caring and compassionate manner.
Serving Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma
Our location in Wichita Falls allows for convenient access to residents of nearby Texas cities like Burkburnett as well as South Oklahoma cities like Lawton. Call the number below to begin the process of healing.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: To provide superior comprehensive behavioral healthcare and substance abuse services to the people, communities, and hospitals we serve.
Vision: To be the behavioral healthcare provider and employer of choice.
Values: Integrity, respect, excellence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or Multistate License.
- CPR and SAMA certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- 7a - 7p & 7p - 7a
- Block Schedule
- Every other weekend
Working for Red River Hospital affords you the chance to grow in your nursing career by working for the only inpatient, acute behavioral health hospital in the area. You will get the opportunity to learn and interact with those individuals with mental health issues, and be able to understand mental health, how it affects individuals, and the appropriate treatments. You get to be a part of a team whose values and mission are patient-centered as you work together to make a difference in patients' lives and be a part of the change. Mental health is a rewarding field as you get to experience the short-term effect of your impact in the patients' lives on their journey to become the best they can be.
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Internal Retention Bonus Eligible
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Partial Company Match
- Paid Holidays (8 Total)