Red River Hospital is the leading provider of inpatient and outpatient behavioral healthcare in Wichita Falls, TX. Our treatment services & specialized programs address drug and alcohol addiction and co-occurring mental illness.
Red River Hospital has been a leader in behavioral healthcare for over 40 years, providing superior healthcare treatment to the people, communities, and military installations we serve. We are a private inpatient 96 bed acute psychiatric facility dedicated to the treatment of behavioral health and substance abuse services. Located in Wichita Falls, Texas, Red River Hospital provides mental health and substance abuse treatment to the following populations:
- Dedicated military personnel
- Adolescents (ages 12 through 17)
Our excellent staff is committed to the continuous improvement of behavioral healthcare by providing treatment opportunities that promote individual, family, and community wellness. As a team, we are dedicated to providing high quality, outstanding care and attending to the individual needs of each patient and their family in a caring and compassionate manner.
Serving Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma
Our location in Wichita Falls allows for convenient access to residents of nearby Texas cities like Burkburnett as well as South Oklahoma cities like Lawton. Call the number below to begin the process of healing.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: To provide superior comprehensive behavioral healthcare and substance abuse services to the people, communities, and hospitals we serve.
Vision: To be the behavioral healthcare provider and employer of choice.
Values: Integrity, respect, excellence.
- Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning and carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
- Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
- Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
- Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
- Keep records on patient health.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note, document medication administration and reflect accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Prefer one year of nursing experience in acute mental health.
- Current licensed LVN in State of Texas. First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Position is on an as needed basis. Minimum requirement of 4 shifts per month, with two shifts being a weekend. Shifts available: