This IT Store Operations Business Solutions Manager will focus on managing and delivering technology needs of the Store Operations department at 99 Cents Only Stores.
The role will manage intake/requirements, systems analysis, configuration and support of new and existing Store Operations solutions across areas of POS, Task Management, Promotions, Inventory Management, Receiving, Digital Communication, Customer Service, etc.
This position will work closely with Store Ops leadership and different Stores and IT teams to develop technology roadmap for the Stores. He/she will act as a primary point of contact to Store Operations leadership and will partner for technology intake, work prioritization, execution of project deliverables, and operation support services.
- Develop and maintain the multiyear Store Ops Technology roadmap
- Responsible for project managing the Store Ops IT Portfolio: schedule, issues/risks, spend management & reporting
- Participate in developing cost benefits analysis and annual portfolio planning
- Lead all aspects of the day-to-day support and maintenance of Store Operations applications, including quarterly release management process, operations support, and reporting & analytics.
- Champions continuous process improvement in partnership with Store Ops Leadership Team and
- Ensure all Store Ops related systems are compliant with local and national data protection laws
- Partner with Store, IT and Training teams to design user friendly processes, trainings, and documentation
- Communicates system and process changes to Store Ops partners across the organization
- Program Manage system deployments and process reengineering projects
- People Management - Manage the Store Ops Technology team including Managers and Analysts. Lead annual goal setting process, ongoing review and progress of team members' goals, providing continuous coaching and mentoring, and supporting the team members' professional development
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving capabilities as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years management and leadership experience overseeing Retail Store Technology solutions
- 5+ years relevant and demonstrated program and project management experience
- Experience with Store Operations technologies such as SAP/GK POS, Ceridian DayForce, SAP, Kronos, Handheld solutions, Blue Yonder Task Management, Workjam, Self-Checkout solutions, Kioks, Backoffice, Cash Counters, Networking solutions, etc.
- Exposure to Core Store Ops processes - Pricing, Inventory Management, Scrap & Shrink Management, Point of Sales processes, Promotions, Receiving, Cycle Counts, Cash Management, Labor Scheduling, etc.
- Strong Employee Record management & Payroll process knowledge as it relates to compliance requirements
- Retail experience along with working with offshore partners is highly desirable
- Proficiency in understanding how technology can be leveraged to solve business problems and/or to advance business initiatives and goals
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Strong business acumen with analytical and strategic thinking
- Prior experience leading company-wide IT solutions and process re-engineering implementations
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities, ability to research and analyze data, and presenting solutions
- Initiative to lead and drive improvements without constant direction & supervision