The Workers' Compensation Supervisor will support the timely processing, monitoring and handling of workers' compensation claims to move towards closure, specifically overseeing indemnity claims. Will provide guidance and support to the Workers Compensation Coordinator and Care Representative while also working as a liaison between the injured employee, business partners, medical professionals and adjusters. Will also support the team to ensure yearend goals are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Review claim integrity upon claim escalation from the Workers' Compensation Coordinator and formulate POA on each claim to ensure movement towards closure or settlement.
- Identify and coordinate handling of problems and questions that arise from the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) regarding claims management.
- Assist the claims adjuster with obtaining additional information for managing and or investigating each claim fairly and promptly.
- Compile/review data from loss runs to assist the Safety team in identifying trends and mitigate exposure.
- Oversee the Company's modified duty program and ensure program integrity, employee participation and expense reduction.
- Promptly respond to requests for information or documents from claims adjusters.
- Attend depositions, hearings and trials as deemed necessary.
- Attend quarterly claim reviews and JSC meetings.
- Participate in weekly TTD calls to strategize on POA for IW RTW or claim closure.
- Review and approve settlement requests within delegated level of authority.
- Review and approve additional claim service requests from adjusters and/or defense counsel.
- Perform weekly check register audits.
- Formulate and implement directives that will aid in the achievement of department goals.
- Provide support to the team and the Sr. WC & Safety Manager as needed.
- Degree preferred, not required.
- Bilingual HIGHLY preferred (Spanish)
- 5+ years in Workers Comp, Insurance and/or HR related role.
- Strong value of service to others.
- Ability to make decisions in compliance with department standards.
- Proven ability to track the status of assigned claims to their successful and timely completion.
- Flexibility and responsiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Very organized and deadline oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.