The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering the benefits program of 99. This role will uphold our "Core Values" (Caring, Driven & Ethical) for our internal customer base and act as a conduit between the vendors and employee base.
Under the supervision of the Benefits Manager, the Benefits Specialist will be responsible for the administration of 99's benefits programs. This individual will provide support and administration in the areas of Group Health and Life insurance, payroll balancing and reconciliations, benefit plans record maintenance, Short-Term and Long Term, voluntary products, and 401(k) Savings plan
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Minimum / Preferred
- Administration of all aspects of various employee benefits programs to include medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, 401k plan, including enrollment, and communications.
- Collaborates with Payroll, Accounting and Legal Departments to ensure proper deductions and withholdings for employee benefits and/or related taxes.
- Coordinates new benefits programs; arrange and conduct benefits orientations for new hires, for open enrollment, and periodic updates and communications as needed.
- Works closely with vendors for benefits programs administration.
- Assists with management of benefits Platform to ensure accuracy and maintenance of multiple plans set up.
- Manages benefits inquires, complaints and issues to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Assists with Wellness program initiatives.
- Supports LOA administration.
- PPACA Administration.
Education: High School (MIN)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred but not required.
- 5-7 + years' experience Human Resources, Benefits Administration
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience with Paycom and/or other HRIS / BAS systems
Preferred Experience/ Skills/Knowledge
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including but not limited to: HIPPA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, COBRA, Worker's Compensation, and PPACA.
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions.
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate.
- Ability to work in fast paced or changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to complete tasks in effective ways.
- Proficient in MS Office with advance level Excel skills; Pivot tables, V-look up, reporting, etc.
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in HRIS or BAS systems.
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning, printers and filing documents.
- Ability to draft office correspondence.
- Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment.
: (Please List)
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience in a retail or other multi-unit environment
- Strong knowledge of systems