The 99 Store
you'll find a career that is more than just a job. We promise to provide you with the opportunity, and we will empower you to make it your own and run with it.
You're invited to
your career at the 99,
to make big impacts, and continue to
The 99 Stores is a leading premium value retail chain that exists to provide the communities we serve an exciting primary shopping destination for our price savvy enthusiasts. We have over 386 retail stores in CA, NV, AZ, and TX and counting! Our categories grow day by day, and we are a one-stop destination for fresh produce, grocery, home goods, electronics, toys, home decor, party supplies, stationary, and so much more!
Our Core Values:
Director of Accounting Operations
- Customer First
- Win as a team
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Every penny Counts
- Celebrate and inspire the Magic of 99 in all you do
Position the company's objective to provide complete, accurate and timely analysis of and accounting for related activities to ensure the company's financial information is materially correct therefore allowing management to make prudent business decisions.
- Deliver accurate and timely accounting services as required, by leading a multi-functional group including local & offshore resources.
- Provide coaching, development opportunities, and performance feedback to new and existing staff, as needed.
- Manage daily accounting activities including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and explanation of variances.
- Ensure accounting records are recorded in accordance with US GAAP.
- Work with internal and external auditors to set expectations and ensure timely deliverables
- Monitor control environment, with continuous evaluation as business and processes evolve.
- Partner with Finance team to monitor and reconcile actual results against forecast/plan to ensure accurate reporting. Research anomalies to determine appropriate disposition.
- Collaborate with the other departments to support company goals and objectives.
- Recognize efficiencies by automating manual processes and implementing system enhancements
- Ensure business systems, process and procedures which affect Finance are fit for purpose and correctly implemented.
- BA/BS in in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive accounting/finance in the retail, wholesale industries.
- 7 years of supervisory experience and staff development
- Excellent Skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient user of accounting systems software
- Advanced analytic, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Must have strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Experience building and improving accounting process, controls and systems.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.