This leadership role is accountable for the IT Applications Development and Enterprise Architecture for the company, reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of IT. The role will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of business technology solutions to support business processes across the enterprise. This individual is expected to have leadership and technical applications experience, excellent vendor management skills, exposure to offshore development models and service-oriented approach to managing business technologies.
This hands-on position will require the successful candidate to have a solid understanding of retail systems and be capable of utilizing that expertise to set development standards, participate in defining IT strategy, guide project development and execution to deliver stable and functional applications.
The main responsibilities for this role will be to ensure quality, efficiency, and agility goals are achieved in the delivery and management of applications. As a member of the IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. The expectation for this role is to provide strong collaborative leadership and technical expertise and come in as both a business leader and a technologist with a vision for how IT can enable productivity and efficiency for the enterprise.
Minimum Required Experience/ Skills/Knowledge
- Provide technology vision and leadership to achieve key business objectives
- Partner with business leaders to understand their needs, and ensure that investments are properly prioritized, scoped, delivered, and managed in support of corporate priorities and business requirements.
- Evaluate & plan strategic technology roadmap as it relates to applications & cloud-based systems by prioritizing technology initiatives
- Manage existing Application programs, products, and services for lines of business, including Supply Chain, HR, Finance, Stores, Marketing, Merchandising, Reporting, Application integrations, Enterprise Architecture, and Third-party software as a service (SaaS) management.
- Lead day-to-day management of the application organization (including staffing, budgeting, and other relevant management functions) and is required to hold all application delivery teams accountable for optimizing the cost, risk, and value of applications throughout their life cycle
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Lead day-to-day management of the enterprise architecture organization to provide end-to-end architecture oversight, new technology evaluation, and Cloud solutions governance
- Drive the creation of new standards and best practices as technology evolves; communicate and drive adoption across the company.
Preferred Experience/ Skills/Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 15+ years of IT experience, including demonstrated success working as a member of a team in a senior leadership role.
- Management experience leading a team responsible for enterprise applications including the SAP ERP, HighJump WMS, Salesforce, Ceridian HRIS, Relex Planning and Allocation, Power BI, IBM MQ, Unidata, Application development in Azure & .Net, and Enterprise Architecture
- Prior experience leading digital transformations and designing modern technology delivery capabilities - Cloud, Dev/Ops, continuous development/deployment, agile methodologies, analytics, Mobile App development, and RPA/automation
- Current knowledge on retail system trends and standards
- Current knowledge on software development trends and standards
- Solid understanding of EDW practices and standards
- Current knowledge of database development trends and standards
- Current knowledge of reporting practices, standards and tools
- Experience in driving and guiding technology transformations
- Experience in fast paced Retail environment will be a plus
- Excellent leadership abilities and management skills with a proven record of strategic planning, scope, change management, and budget and resource management
- Experience with Onshore-Offshore delivery models involving TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Infosys, etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and ability to interface with all functions at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to get things done via influence vs. authority is paramount
- Possess solid project management skills, can set and manage expectations extremely well, work effectively with others.
- A Master's degree is a plus
- Experience with Agile and LEAN in an Information Technology environment is desirable.
Business Insight, Manages Complexity , Drives Vision and Purpose, Builds Effective Teams, Values Differences, Builds Collaborative Relationships, Financial Acuman , Manage, Lead, & Develop Talent, Manages Ambiguity, Optimizes Work Processes, Demonstrates Self-Awareness, Builds Effective Teams, Drives Results, Manages Conflict, Instills Trust, Communication , Customer Focus , Action Oriented, Reslience
Strategic Mindset , Cultivates Innovation