We are looking for energetic and talented team players to join our growing Manufacturing group. Our manufacturing facility is located in San Carlos. As a Contract Manufacturing Associate, you will work in support of the daily operations in the Manufacturing area, including Upstream and Downstream processes. This is a six-month full-time temporary contract position extendable based on business needs.
• Perform various manufacturing tasks such as operating, troubleshooting, sterilizing, maintaining, preparing, and cleaning of various process equipment such as stirred-tank bioreactors, media/buffer solutions, disc stack centrifuges, homogenizer, dryer, TFF skid, chromatography systems, parts washers, and CIP systems, under the guidelines of established SOPs and cGMP regulations.
• Reliably and consistently execute well defined SOPs and batch records. Accurately document data and complete batch records.
• Crosstrain in various manufacturing operations including media/buffer prep, fermentation, and purification.
• Draft and revise SOPs and batch records.
• Support cross functional groups such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Engineering, and Process Development.
• Train new employees
• Conduct and execute validation studies and protocols as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a biological sciences discipline or equivalent strongly preferred.
• 1-6 years of relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing or pilot plant environment highly desired.
• Experience with bacterial fermentation and purification a plus.
• Must be flexible to work modified work shift as required.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.