The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
- Team Member discount of 30%
- Early Earn Wage Access ( You can access up to 50% (max $500) of your earned wages on-demand per pay period)
- 401K contribution and company match
- Financial Wellness Program
About the Position:
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance for individual, spouse, partner, and family. unts on pet insurance, daycare, event tickets, and many more.
Do you excel at merchandising? Are you committed to providing the best products at the right time ? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Produce/Floral Manager, you will take the lead in managing department inventory, pricing integrity and other operational processes that require significant attention to detail. Because you will be working with team members, guests, and product continuously throughout the day, this is a fast-paced position that requires efficiency and effectiveness and a passion for excellence to deliver results.
What You'll Do:
- Direct, manage and assist all functions of the Produce and Floral department and demonstrate excellence for your team and guests , including:
- Greeting guests and proactively assisting them in a friendly manner with accurate and timely information
- M ak ing product/service recommendations to guests and accommodat ing their special requests
- Managing order guides/ordering deadlines
- Properly receiving/stocking of goods that follow rotation standards when replenishing product levels
- Manage product to reducing shrink/damage, including proper production planning
- Through leadership, manage the produce and floral teams to provide our guests with excellent presentation and quality, while minimizing product loss , including:
- H andle, slice , and prepare specialty produce items, fruit and veggie platters/trays
- Prepare items to complement C onvenient M eal S olutions throughout the day for our guest s
- M aintain quality product levels as indicated within TFM standards .
- Train, coach and engage team members :
- Engage, motivate, and train team members "on-the-job" as well as through The Fresh Market Academy to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Provide c oaching for all team members to optimize operations , further team development , and increase retention
- Partnering with the Guest Service Manager, facilitate team member engagement activities
- Create and manage team schedules, aligning with guest shopping hours to ensure guests experience first - rate hospitality
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols , including food safety , per TFM policies, and per law
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
At a minimum, what
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of management experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field or 5 years of related management experience
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Experience providing direction and supervision to teams (with direct report responsibility).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be at least 18 years old
Physical and Work Conditions
- Grocery and/or Produce experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift , push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law )
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard , and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law .
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.