ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Clinical Dietician is Responsible for the nutrition care of patients, residents. Assists the Food and Nutrition Services Director in training, motivation, and guidance to Food and Nutrition Service Associates to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services in its highest degree.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Actualizes ABM Healthcare Support Services Mission, Vision, and Value statements.
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Knows who all their customers are and initiates and maintains positive relationships with them; promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with administrative leadership and internal department directors, physicians, nursing, and staff in an effort to build a strong, cohesive team.
- Conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggests new methods that lead to better service.
- Makes rounds on patient units to meet with nursing and patients/residents to exhibit care and assess if their meal expectations/nutritional needs are being met.
- Proactively reports pertinent feedback to Food and Nutrition Services Director in a timely manner.
- Signs off on nutritional adequacy of menu.
- Ensures that nutritional supplements supplies are adequate.
- Documents appropriate patient/resident nutrition care in medical record.
- Assesses nutritional status per standards of care/nutrition diagnosis charting; evaluates appropriateness of diet orders; plans appropriate nutrition intervention using Nutrition Care Process.
- Selects appropriate nutrition education materials for clients.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maximizes medical nutrition therapy reimbursement.
- Periodically audits menu accuracy; use of standardized recipes; and safe food handling guidelines.
- Routinely evaluates (tastes) food products with chef/director.
- Periodically monitors patient tray assembly to ensure proper food handling, appropriate food temperatures; portioning of items on plates/trays.
- Participates in annual performance evaluation process as requested.
- Attends outside educational seminars pertinent to nutrition portfolio and regulatory issues. Maintains registration and state licensure/certification.
- Reports to work on time in proper attire; requests time off in advance.
- Demonstrates understanding of Age-Specific Characteristics for population served through age appropriate communications and care.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Food and Nutrition Services Director.
- Able to respond to nursing at both evenings and on weekends as required.
- Able to handle varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
- Maintains registration.
- Practices up-to-date nutritional care.
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital-related functions.
- Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated within a hospital environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A bachelor's degree in nutrition is preferred.
- Completion of sanitation certified course is preferred.
- One year of clinical dietician experience in a healthcare environment is highly preferred.
- Must be a registered dietician.
- Licensed or certified status.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good follow up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Moreno Valley, CA 92555 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy