Life Center of Galax provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our nurses. Current benefits include:
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS:
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- $4 shift differential for night shift
- Competitive hourly rate
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 (k) plan
- Paid time off including Personal, Vacation, Sick, Extended Sick, and holidays
We have full and part-time LPN positions available for day and night shifts. Full-time shifts are 12-hours.
- Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process within the LPN/LVN scope of practice in carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
- Role model expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that patients' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
- Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
- Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
- Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)