|Job type||Full Time|
General Summary: : Operates radiographic equipment in order to produce radiographs of the body for diagnostic purposes, under the supervision of the Radiologist.
Essential Job Functions
• Essential Job Function- Independently performs all appropriate examinations as requested exercising good judgment in obtaining all necessary views for the area being examined.
• Uses appropriate positioning techniques. Position patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately imaged. Obtains all views within imaging protocol.
• Utilizes appropriate x-ray technique factors in order to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast. Has very low film repeat rate. Appropriately critiques films for quality.
• Performs all necessary equipment and departmental quality control procedures as necessary. Keeps room stocked with necessary supplies.
• Documents and communicates information pertaining to patient history, signs and symptoms, technique factors, and other important information as necessary via the tech notes.
• Essential Job Function- Provides appropriate patient care. Provides for patient wellbeing and provides appropriate level of patient care during medical imaging encounter.
• Properly identifies patient. Verifies accuracy of procedure ordered against written order from physician.
• Escorts and assists patients to examination room, reviews written history questionnaire, asks appropriate follow-up questions and explains procedure to patient. Obtains and documents all necessary patient information.
• Utilizes appropriate infection control procedures designed to protect self, patient and other staff.
• Demonstrates competence in management of emergency situations involving patients, knowing when to notify a physician and/or initiate lifesaving aid. Maintains basic life support certification.
• Essential Job Function-Practices radiation protection principles as required in accordance with federal and state standards.
• Uses radiation safety principles to prevent unnecessary radiation exposure to self, patients and other staff. Shields patients as necessary. Records LMP according to dept. policies and procedures.
• Maintains equipment. Properly handles and stores lead aprons and other personal protective equipment and all other ancillary equipment.
• Essential Job Function- Completes all post examination duties and responsibilities.
• Properly and accurately enters all patient data and exam data into the Radiology Information System in a timely manner.
• Completes all necessary paperwork. Provides appropriate clinical history with each examination.
• Prepares study for dictation as necessary.
• Completes all other duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required: Ability to read and communicate in the English language. High School graduate. Graduate of AMA approved Radiologic Technology program. ARRT Registry required. NJ State Licensure required.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code
|Employer||Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health|