will report to the Regional Director and will be assigned a territory between six and eight stores, each with a Store Manager and around forty Associates. The District Manager's responsibility will be to maximize profits through operational excellence and compliance with company standards. To achieve that goal, the District Manager will spend a great deal of time within the stores under their care, visiting two or three stores every day. The person in this position will review district and store data, conduct store walkthroughs and coach store management to improve results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Drive consistent execution throughout the assigned District, managing in a professional manner.
- Support the opening of new locations.
- Monitor district sales trends and make the necessary adjustments to maximize sales.
- Recruit, train and develop new managers.
- Demonstrate a hands-on management style, sense of urgency, and a positive attitude.
- Monitor and manage controllable expenses, ensuring they are in line with expectations.
- Work with the Regional Manager on the payroll budget; ensure proper scheduling (controlling overtime) while staying within budget.
- Manage inventory shrinkage throughout the district, including executing and monitoring all shrink reduction programs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through personal interactions with associates and customers.
- Resolve customer service issues.
- Ensure the safety of all associates and customers.
- Recognize and reward positive employee performance.
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as applicable to your function within the organization
- 5+ years of experience as a grocery or retail Market Director
- High-energy and a strong work ethic.
- A history of success overseeing multiple locations and driving growth.
- Solid grocery experience is a must.
- Strong basic management fundamentals and the ability to train and lead multiple levels and titles.
- The skill to positively impact and motivate teams, and professionally develop employees; strong presentation skills would be a plus.
- P&L understanding and experience.
- The ability to ensure all company guidelines, policies, procedures and best practices are followed.
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle employee problems or customer complaints effectively.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- A dedication to safety.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to multiple locations within your district, as well as to other districts on occasion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus.
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.