Our Promise to you is...OPPORTUNITY
Join Us at the 99 and together we'll grow your skills, develop your career and build your best future
Now Hiring, Weekly Pay, Full Benefits
The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for ensuring that the Store is consistently operating at a high level, communicating and executing programs and following company operating procedures. The Store Manager will oversee the proper hiring and staffing of the Store, as well as developing staff members for future leadership roles. The Store Manager will be responsible for creating and a maintaining a store culture that creates a great shopping experience for every customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Core Competencies Required:
- Ensure Store profitability by maximizing sales and profit margins through executing merchandising directives, controlling costs, monitoring key metrics drivers, and using P&L reports to create action plans to address opportunities.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory agencies, policies, and procedure and ensures awareness and engagement from associates through ongoing training and communication.
- Responsible for protecting company assets by ensuring associates are engaged in shrink awareness and ensuring management is practicing proper inventory control processes.
- Builds and maintains a strong safety culture by making sure all safety training and communication are executed and making sure associates practice safe working behaviors to the goal of creating a safe place to work and shop.
- Responsible for making sure store is adequately staffed and creates a talent bench for key positions.
- Responsible for creating store schedule that meets staffing need of store and labor budget.
- Partner with management to ensure all associates are properly trained and have required certifications.
- Sets performance goals for associates and holds associates accountable through ongoing and consistent coaching.
- Develop internal talent through training and provides associates with opportunities for growth and promotion.
- Ensure store is always customer ready with clean and safe facilities, maintaining proper in stocks and accurate pricing.
- Understands store specific customer needs in order to drive strategic merchandising plans.
- Partner with community to maintain positive relationship between customer and company.
- Create and maintain a culture of providing excellent customer service.
- Fosters and actively promotes a team environment supportive of diversity, individual development, and winning as a team.
- Abides by and upholds all company policies, internal controls, and procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relations and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Being Resilient and Flexible: Overcomes setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict effectively with a minimum of disruption.
- Financial Knowledge and Application: Interpreting and taking action on key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- High School Diploma required; AA Degree preferred.
- 5+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99¢ Only Stores or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations.
- Ability to work effectively and multitask in a fast- paced work environment.
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in order to manage day to day operations.
- Execute 99¢ Only Stores visual merchandising standards as measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift one to five pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dex