We are hiring for a strategic, inspirational, and driven Assistant Manager to help the Store Manager drive sales and profitability. Partnering with your associates, you will be instrumental in the overall operational and merchandising success of your store by coaching and developing your associates into a highly motivated commissioned sales team!
- Assists in maintaining store staff by recruiting, orienting and training associates.
- Solely responsible for the management of the store in the absence of the Sales Manager and required to exercise independent judgment and discretion in doing so.
- Serves customers as needed to ensure complete satisfaction and outstanding customer service
- Responsible for setting goals, timelines, deadline and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the store.
- Manages and completes administrative store functions.
- Helps maintain inventory control, making certain that the store's merchandise is properly displayed and tagged.
- Train sales personnel.
- Supervisory responsibility for sales employees, including input in job assignments, hiring, firing, discipline, promotion and other employment actions.
- Maintains and protects company assets by adhering to, and requiring employee adherence, to, all company policies and procedures.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures the store is clean and attractive and meeting or exceeding sales goal and quotas.
- Makes certain that all Company policies and procedures are followed.
- 1 to 3 years previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent organizational and management skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Computer and clerical experience is preferred (MS Word and Excel).
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Full time retail schedule, including evenings/nights, weekends and holidays, with overtime as needed.
- Required to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
Conn's was founded over 130 years ago and is currently operating 150+ stores and expanding into new markets. Conn's is publicly owned and offers a comprehensive benefits program including: Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Vacation, Basic Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts. #LI-ER1
to be an equal opportunity employer.