ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Maximizes store sales through excellent customer service, product availability and merchandising, to include exceptional store image inside and out.
- Provides direction to Store Management with merchandising programs, providing information and recapping promotional activities; reporting business opportunities, results, trends and competitive information.
- Manages controllable costs by educating managers on procedures for controlling merchandise variation, managing salaries, overtime, cash, repair and maintenance costs.
- Collaborates with Marketing team to ensure promotions and new product introductions are fully implemented. Provide feedback to category managers regarding any known issues.
- Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Ensures vendors meet expectations by performance evaluation and developing partnerships.
- Ensures compliance with requirements by enforcing adherence to policies, procedures, and governmental regulations; enforces and monitors restricted sales policies; advises management of needed actions.
- Ensures store operations are profitable by managing cash and merchandise variation, salaries, and other controllable expense lines on the P&L.
- Protects employees, customers and company assets by maintaining a safe and secure working environments; enforcing safety practices; providing safety communication and training.
- Provides leadership and direction to store managers, including assistance in recruiting, selection, and orientation processes, assists with employee development and training programs; planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Establishes job expectations. Provides coaching to develop action plans for issue resolution. Administers counseling notices; initiates corrective actions. Implements non-discriminatory related management skills while hiring, training, counseling, motivating and separating employees.
- Adheres to the company operating policy of Legal, Ethical and Moral practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing Financial and Key Result Area targets pursuant to Company plan guidelines.
- Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail oriented environment.
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; or participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: