ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Preventative Maintenance Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Plans and directs analysis of service delivery utilizing data and statistics from all employed CMMS and QA and by performing the following duties at a higher learning Community College in Charlotte North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes performance, inventory control, quality assurance, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources, and other business functions in order to develop new or modified program components.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document service delivery needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Provides technical HVAC and BAS assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems, programs and procedures.
- Writes and maintains functional standard operational procedures for new or modified program elements.
- Consults and coordinates with client's oversight reps, ABM managers, administrative CMMS and area supervision to design and develop ongoing analytical dashboards and reports.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements quality assurance cadence and execution.
- Consults with departmental unit management and personnel to obtain additional information as part of ongoing reporting and benchmarking efforts.
- Helps to develop, test, install, and modify procedural approaches to service delivery.
- Tracks and documents change to functional and business specifications.
- Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- This job Manages the day-to-day operations of the Preventative Maintenance team, has direct input and influence service delivery methods and protocols.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work-flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into useful reporting matrices; Uses feedback to modify analytical determinations; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Assist PM Team with HVAC and BAS (Building Automation Systems) Support.
- Project Management - Develops CMMS & QA analytics project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages Preventative Maintenace team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Must know HVAC controls integration and CMMS analytics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenues; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related HVAC/BAS/CMMS Analytics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of technicians, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; CMMS and QA Platforms, Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet and analytics software such as Power Bi or Tableau or Qlic Sense etc. and Word Processing and Presentation software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Current Drivers License
- 5S Certification
- Six Sigma
- Bilingual Spanish English is a plus
- Fully aware of change management best practices
- Work primarily schedule will be M-F first or second shift (TBD), on call, rotational duty weeks, be able to work nights and weekends.
- Hands on HVAC Experience and proper certifications preferred.
- BAS (building Automation Systems) experience and certification required.
- CMMS experience required.
- Computer analytics experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Be able to climb ladders, stairs and able to withstand heights.
Charlotte, NC 28204 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy