ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Director of Operations
Job Type/ FLSA Status
30 - 40%
As Director of Operations (Strategic Accounts), you will lead operations and strategic account management for a significant portion of the ABM portfolio. You will lead senior managers to drive execution against set strategies and business objectives. You will manage ABM division performance at ABM serviced strategic account locations across multiple locations in an assigned region.
- Manages and drives strategic accounts relationships for the organization's services and maintains relationships to retain and expand existing strategic accounts.
- Primary responsibilities typically include expanding and developing an account and providing customer service, rather than acquiring new accounts.
- May be a team leader and provide professional leadership and coordination for team on an account. Significantly higher average quota and/or territory.
- Accounts are key, highly strategic, and have complex requirements.
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development.
- Lead Client-facing Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with peers on account leadership team.
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day administrative, financial, personnel and procedural activities for client service delivery operations for the assigned area.
- Leads site efforts to develop and improve through efficient and effective integrated processes, implementing common management processes/services to leverage organization resources.
- Directs operations review of cost and service structures, productivity measures and delivery methods to achieve planned targets.
- Typically acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between management and staff.
- May select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function/unit.
- Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to make good decisions and solve difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and effective action.
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of individuals in written, oral and interpersonal form, including management and other internal and external business contacts.
- Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas based on culture, audience, and business needs.
- Staying organized and paying attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Connecting with employees, stakeholders, and community partners at all levels, and building strong relationships.
Objectives & Key Results
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, or ten years related experience.
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Solid skills in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years leadership experience in project and/or service management in Facilities Management.
- Senior level management experience and/or experience running large geographic / multi-client market areas.
- Proven experience managing Projects and Service personnel.
- Experience in complex projects involving multiple subcontractors with multiple month schedules.
- Experience in managing a Service business.
- Experience working with and understanding profit and loss financial statements, project costing, and contract profitability.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, effectively present information, and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products to include but not limited to Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel 20%-40%
- Manage ABM regional performance at 125-170 ABM serviced locations in 10-15 states
- Contribute to client-facing Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with peers on account leadership team
- Foster strong client relationships in assigned region
- Financial Management
- Deliver year-over-year profitable region revenue growth of 25%
- Deliver 98% year-over-year regional revenue retention
- Responsible for regional P&L performance of $75M-85M in base revenue
- Up to five (5) first line reports at operations manager level
- 8-12 indirect reports at regional manager level
- 40-60 indirect reports at project manager level
- Identify and develop future leaders in preparation for significant year-over-year portfolio growth
Sacramento, CA 94203 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy