ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Field Operations Manager
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Responsible for client facilities and personnel under his / her supervision to ensure that the Company is providing professional and quality service and to ensure compliance with all safety, quality, and compliance standards established by the Company, by our Clients, and by regulatory authorities. Employee is also responsible for ensuring that the planned profitability of responsible accounts is realized.
- Communicate effectively with employees and clients to ensure fulfillment of performance and quality requirements.
- Maintain positive relationship with client representatives.
- Control cost to ensure profitability of area of responsibility
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training of all employees in his/her area of responsibility. Ensure this is done in accordance with established procedures and in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure that each employee receives proper training commensurate with the job responsibilities assigned and that all training is properly documented and maintained according to Company standards.
- Ensure that supervisors and front line workers are properly trained and understand their assigned duties.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements in area of responsibility
- Ensure that payroll is prepared and transmitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that any injuries, incidents, accidents, etc. are documented, reported and processed appropriately.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 or more years management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Budgeting, expense control and scheduling experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish languages is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and employee handbooks.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Hawthorne, NY 10532 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy