ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
WASTE RECYCLING SUPERVISOR
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
First Shift (Day)
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and administrative activities to ensure conformance to contract requirements. Assist Facility Manager with implementation of cost control measures and level of service standards to ensure compliance with customer specifications / contract requirements for assigned building. Oversees inspections, quality control measures, and the inventory control of equipment and supplies for the assigned building.
Specific Job Duties:
- Ability to work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures and protocols
- Coordinate service activities for assigned building. Ensure that services are performed as contracted and at the intended profit margins.
- Manage supplies, equipment, and personnel necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Interact with customers daily to obtain feedback on services and special needs. Troubleshoot potential problems and concerns.
- Conduct quality of service inspections at assigned buildings.
- Attend ABM training workshops when scheduled.
- Assist Facility Manager with operational improvement plans and implementation of process changes within assigned buildings.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Ensure that payroll is accurate and submitted in a timely manner and, when applicable, correct any payroll discrepancies.
- Manages and provides leadership to staffing personnel assigned to the buildings.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of personnel within the assigned building. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Escalate to Facility Manager, as needed.
- Management of general trash, cardboard recycling, wood pallets, IBC totes, manifested, and miscellaneous waste.
- Track cardboard bale inventory and assist with scheduling of shipments. Oversee loading and shipment of trailers. Collect paperwork.
- Manage wood pallet organization and inventory. Oversee loading and shipment of trailers.
- Manage non-returnable IBC totes inventory. Oversee loading and shipment of trailers.
- Assist with managing movement, storing, labeling, and loading of manifested and miscellaneous waste.
- Manage outside environmental spills and emergencies, as needed.
- Schedule drum and specialized container deliveries and removal for project work, as needed.
- Manage donation items and shipments, as needed.
- Oversee, schedule, and manage cleaning of containment areas.
- Manage restocking of environmental spill kits.
- Manage cleanliness of chip room loading areas, inside and outside.
- Manage proper housekeeping and cleanliness of waste storage area.
- Manage inventory of empty containers. Schedule ordering, as needed.
- Schedule and manage departmental container requests, as needed.
- Specialized Training (RCRA certification and refresher, Stormwater Pollution, SPCC, DOT, etc.)
- Manage and schedule staff training, and certifications, as needed.
- Other assigned duties or tasks
- Minimum Requirements High School degree or GED or Equivalent Job Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a service/customer-oriented environment.
- Hazardous Waste Management experience and certification required
- Have a working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and chemical handling/storage procedures.
- Forklift Operator Certification a plus
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions quickly
- Ability to maintain good working relations with others
- Ability to keep accurate records of activities performed and complete basic reports
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office a plus
Hagerstown, MD 21740 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy