ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Assistant Facility Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
As an operations manager you are responsible for the daily operations for housekeeping and janitorial staff that operates 24/7 including holidays. Ensuring offices, guest rooms, facilities and other specified areas are kept clean. Inspects facilities, and rooms. Manager is responsible for keeping track of the big picture and identifying potential areas of improvement. You will be the direct contact for the client. You will be responsible for establishing workflows, standard procedures, and quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing staff in day-to-day performance
- Recruiting, onboarding, training new hires
- Managing staff schedules, conflicts, attendance
- Improve processes
- Manage budgets
- Ensure guests have satisfactory stay
- Inspecting housekeeping rooms, and venues, locations
- Coordinating different teams, different shifts all with different projects and tasks
- Inspiring and motivating employees to perform at their best thru positive encouragement.
- Communicating with district manager, and clients about shifting company priorities, and projects.
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions to maximize efficiency.
- Weekly payroll
- Safety audits, and record taking.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.
- Manage supply inventory, and order as needed within budget restrictions
- Managing vendor/supplier relationships
- Ensure project, department and company milestones & goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Complete daily tasks if staff is out, help with completion of projects.
- Previous Hotel management and/or large multi facility operations like K-12 or college campus facility management experience is a MUST.
- Knowledge of hotel operating procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
- Ability to lead a large group.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- English as a first language is a must, Spanish as a second language preferred.
- Critical-Thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with executives, clients, and employees to create and administer policies.
- Strong personal and professional judgement, which are invaluable skills for this role that makes hiring decisions.
- Ability to respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust work flows and priorities accordingly.
- Organizational skills and the ability to jump from priority to priority, which is essential to this role as it juggles a variety of functions and projects.
- Punctuality to serve as an example to employees.
- Self-control is also a necessary characteristic of a prospective housekeeping manager to handle difficult people appropriately.
- Proficiency in the use of information and communication technology tools.
- Must pass drug test and background test.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy