ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Assistant Parking Project Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Assistant Parking Project Manager operates rental cars in a safe manner to move them to and from various locations of the car rental facility. Dispatches drivers to perform tasks as directed by the car rental company (ABM's customer). According to the direction of the District Manager, performs quality inspections, and may recommend disciplinary actions to the District Manager/HR Manager.
- Ability to quickly make sound decisions under pressure.
- Safely operates vehicles while observing speed limits and slower reasonable speeds in the presence of pedestrians, obstacles, bright sunlight glare, darkness, etc. and assures leads and drivers do the same.
- Oversees the movement of (or moves) vehicles from one point to another under the direction of the customer or account manager.
- Performs frequent walk-arounds to assess the effectiveness of the team as well as monitor potential trouble spots needing attention to resolve.
- Assures all employees falling under this position's supervision are kept busy, efficiently performing their duties.
- Constantly assesses the facility to be proactive in directing the movement of vehicles to required destinations.
- Maintains frequent contact with the customer. Seeks direction as needed from the appropriate source.
- Serves as a role model by providing positive example of how job should be accomplished. Provides training as necessary to establish acceptable practices and correct deficiencies, etc. when remedial training is required.
- Constantly looks for and suggests improvements to enhance safety and increase productivity.
- Identifies, corrects and/or communicates safety issues to first and then the customer.
- Ensures drivers properly use signaling methodologies (flashers on, trunk open, keys in door, etc.) to signify various pre-established meanings.
- Ensures drivers park vehicles leaving them in pre-agreed-upon states, i.e. windows up, radio turned down then off, glove box, etc. closed, keys in door, etc.
- Ensures cars are "parked in class" as directed by the customer.
- Ensures cars are washed in the carwash in such a manner that they are clean and that they do not receive damage in the process.
- Ensures accident reports are accurately completed when a vehicle is damaged in any way and that the accident is promptly reported to the District Manager, Safety, Claims and Customer.
- Dispatches "transporters" and monitors their productivity, effectiveness, time efficiency, etc. Provides guidance as necessary.
- Performs time keeping functions such as assuring all employees clock in and out properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Two (2) years of parking management experience is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office including word, excel, outlook and powerpoint.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work with various levels of staff and management.
- Proven experience as a supervisor.
College Park, GA 30337 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy