ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Custodial Manager - Hours: 4PM - 12:30 AM
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
ABM is searching for a dynamic Facilities Manager to manage custodial services on a local Government account that encompasses 20+ buildings with a staff of 50+ associates. Position reports directly into the general manager for this location. Ideal candidates will have experience in service-related industry.
- Primary responsibilities include work scheduling of all account personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations, audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation, training of custodians and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested.
- This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost-effective manner.
- Control expenses within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain staff by assisting talent acquisition in recruiting and selecting employees.
- Training employees; maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment; develop personal growth opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements are being met per the contract.
- Maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive, and in orderly condition.
- Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Be a company ambassador by representing themselves professionally to the customer, public and internal to the company.
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trends; recommend improvements.
- Manages Custodial Supervisors.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
- High School diploma required
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Work experience in a similar position is required
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in a service-related field with high customer/client contact
- Strong service/quality attitude
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Strong public speaking skills
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines; self-directed
- Exceptional communication, basic unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary
Charlotte, NC 28208 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy