ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Responsible for assisting the Director of Environmental Services in giving direction, motivation and guidance to the Environmental Services Department to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare in its highest degree.
• Leads the department in the absence of the Director of Environmental Services, Assistant Director of EVS, or Manager of EVS.
• Promotes a customer service mindset at all times with both internal and external customers.
• Responds to all requests from customers with a can-do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
• Views everything with a process improvement mindset.
• Implements established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensures a clean and safe environment.
• Conducts quality improvement inspections within assigned areas of responsibility to ensure quality and satisfaction levels are meeting and/or exceeding expectations.
• Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached.
• Ensures work assignments, daily and weekly work schedules meet department and facility needs. Ensures department Training Programs and recertification programs are being conducted within
• appropriate timeframes.
• Orders and uses all supplies/equipment within the areas of assigned responsibility.
• Ensures that all ABM Healthcare Systems are in place in accordance with the Director of EVS. Leads and promotes departmental TOM/Customer Service Initiatives.
• Tours and meets with facility customers to ensure that customer needs and expectations are always met.
• Reports all pertinent data to the Director of Environmental Services in a timely manner.
• Knows all procedures, union agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all established agency requirements.
• Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
• Has knowledge on the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment.
• Has knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software. Ability to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and accomplish objectives without supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
• Handles varying workloads and meets changing deadlines, as necessary.
• Job duties may be modified at any time.
• High School Diploma or GED required some college preferred.
• Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of proven housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hospitality setting.
• Previous management/supervisor experience.
• Experience in an environmental services, healthcare setting preferred.
• Must have knowledge on the use of personal computers in a Windows environment.
• Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
• Ability to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and to accomplish objectives without supervision.
• Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
Shreveport, LA 71101 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy