JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, implements, evaluates, and maintains instructional programs, curriculum, training procedures, digital or computer-based training (CBT) and materials which provide performance-based skills and certification training; to include versioning.
- Works closely with operations, business unit training professionals, HR, functional business areas, the Learning System Manager, and subject matter experts to translate business objectives into training and development solutions and to ensure training materials are effective, current, relevant, and compatible with Company policies and standards.
- Manages content, courses, training and supporting documentation for learning and content platforms.
- Remains updated on current learning technology; provides insight and recommendations to keep content and content delivery relevant.
- Provides consulting and recommendations to internal customers on effective design and delivery.
- Develops testing and certification tools to measure and assess effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance. Integrates results into new and existing course curriculum.
- In collaboration with the Learning System Manager, schedules and deploys training and development programs to various learning platforms, integrating organizational needs, resources, and constraints into the process.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum two years' experience successfully developing and delivering training curriculum in a retail environment preferred.
- Demonstrated application of adult learning and instructional design principles.
- Proven experience in creating effective digital or e-learning courses utilizing programs such as Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, etc.
- Experience using video in curriculum development.
- Experience with graphic design or image editing using Adobe Creative Cloud or similar platform.
- Skilled in multiple disciplines to include game design, immersive virtual reality-based 3D environments, augmented reality, or other current learning technology to provide cost effective and engaging L&D offerings to our workforce.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, especially prioritizing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact people not in a direct reporting role and at higher organizational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- Strong customer service orientation with a keen sense of urgency.
- Strong project management.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Experience with technological delivery platforms and learning management systems desired.
- Enthusiasm and desire to advance self and others personally and professionally.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Knowledge of Workday; Workday Pro certification.
- APTD (Associate Professional in Talent Development) or CPTD (Certified Professional in Talent Development); formerly CPLP.
- Knowledge of learning theory and principles, instructional design processes and common issues surrounding the use of digital learning technology.
- Advanced project management for complex or global projects.
- Strong technical aptitude. Able to learn and understand software applications and perform technical tasks quickly and accurately.
- Experience supporting content management systems and current learning technology.
- Knowledge of learning or talent measurement/analytics methodologies.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: