ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Assistant Grounds Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Under general supervision of the Grounds Manager, assign work and supervise the grounds crew in all aspects of grounds maintenance, equipment and supplies. Participate in developing training standards and train staff members. Hold regular department meetings for the purpose of sharing and gathering information. Ensure that daily start up and closing meetings occur for smooth daily operations.
- Must be available to work different shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM from Memorial Day through Labor Day with two days off.
- Knowledge and ability in maintenance, mechanics, etc. a big plus as this position requires hands on work and oversight of these types of tasks.
- Must have a desire to provide exceptional guest service, have excellent organizational skills, and be able to work well under pressure with a variety of people.
- Help plan, schedule, assign and supervise grounds crew as required
- Supervise the care and maintenance of lawns, shrubs and hedges, tree removal, planting and spraying, and weed eradication.
- Supervise grounds maintenance crew in campus clean-up projects, and assist in special events projects as required.
- Make recommendations of modifications/procedures.
- Perform periodical inspections of all assigned work areas.
- Instruct employees in the proper methods and use of equipment.
- Operate all grounds related equipment as required
- Assure proper routine maintenance is performed on all motorized equipment, daily start up and shut down procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and tools, shop cleanliness, etc.
- Report to work as required under emergency conditions, as necessary.
- The Grounds Supervisor is accountable for the safety of the grounds operation and must ensure that all personnel share an equal and significant role in ensuring their own safety and the safety of those around them .
- High school graduation or three to five years of related experience in grounds and turf maintenance, including three years of supervisory experience.
- Completion of a certificate or degree program in landscape design, horticulture. Individuals also might benefit from other professional certifications in the area of grounds
- Current driver's license for state of Florida. A valid commercial class B motor vehicle license would be welcome.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Florida pesticide applicator's license
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, a cheerful and positive attitude for guest service and team member relations
Coral Gables, FL 33146 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy