The Fresh Market & You:
Our mission is to make everyday eating extraordinary for our guests. We create a warm, welcoming, memorable experience with exceptional, personal service. We're looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment and a "can-do" attitude to work every day. We value teamwork and celebrate our successes as a team and will value your contribution!
Added Benefits for choosing The Fresh Market Team:
- Team Member discount up to 40%
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance available for individual, spouse, partner, and family.
- 401K contribution and match for part-time and full-time team members
About the Position:
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans available
- AND much more!
Are you a leader with a passion for hospitality? Can you deliver a first-class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. The Guest Services Manager is a critical position with ownership of curating the guest experience and leading team engagement activities and managing the Front End of the store , including managing the flow of the guest queue . You will coordinate the onboarding and initial training of newly hired team members, support team member engagement activities, and manage guest flow to ensure an outstanding shopping experience and drive results.
What You'll Do:
- Be the leading example of hospitality for our team members and guests , educate team members and guests on products and services to provide convenient meal solutions; and quickly addressing and resolving guest concerns
- Maximize efficiency for store operations by managing front end the guest queue. This includes directing and supporting the guest service team and backup cashiers, to achieve operational success and an excellent shopping experience every time
- S upport accurate inventories and sales reporting, manage front end performance with routine operational audits
- Provide coaching for front end team members to optimize front end operations
- Oversee front-end and cash office procedures and controls , including management of cash, key, and safe
- Create and manage team schedules to align with business needs to provide an excellent guest experience
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh Market standards and policies
- Create and manage the cleaning and sanitation schedule for front end and guest restrooms
- Maintain store teams by collaborating with the Store Management and Talent Acquisition team in the scheduling of interviews, coordinating new hire orientation, and on-boarding
- Train and engage guest service team members through
- The Fresh Market Academy, including "on-the-job" and online training, to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner while maintaining efficiency and minimizing product loss Lead , engage, motivate and manage team members to provide excellent guest service
- Provide coaching for team members to further their development and increase retention
- E nsure PCI compliance training for all team members
- Act as The Fresh Market Academy ambassador using The Fresh Market Academy reporting to partner with department managers to ensure newly hired and current team members are timely trained
- Coordinate store wide team member engagement activities
- Ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols including food safety per TFM policies, and per law.
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
At a minimum, what
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of management experience in either the retail, restaurant, or hospitality field or 5 years of related management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, understand, and follow policies and procedures and marketing programs
- Cash handling experience
- Experience providing direction and supervision to teams (with direct report responsibility).
- Must be at least 18 years old
Physical and Work Conditions
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Experience in Human Resources functions such as recruiting, onboarding, and training -
- Perishable, Hospitality and/or Grocery Retail experience
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to w ear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law .
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.