MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
- Prepares patient for medical evaluation including but not limited to: obtain vital signs, update medical, surgical, and social history, allergy and medication review and update EPIC medical record system appropriately.
- Perform EKG, Spirometry, Audiometry, dynamometry, phlebotomy, urine collection, snellen eye examinations, and hemoccult as needed
- Chart preparation for patient visits, including abstraction of chart
- Monitor refill request line and communicate with providers via EMR about new prescription requests
- Monitoring of information releases received from patients and assuring outside records are received in timely manner
- Follow up on patient inquiries, phone calls, questions utilizing and communicating with providers via EMR
- Completion of various forms including but not limited to; coding OHNIS, social security forms, long and short-term disability forms.
- Oversee maintenance of medical equipment including calibration, battery checks, refrigeration temperature monitoring, maintain sufficient clinical supplies, and expiration dates of various clinical supplies
- Provide support of phone and office reception services as well as word processing when needed.
- Preparation and printing of appointment reminder letters sent out to patients for upcoming appointments.
- Provide support and assistance in front end administrative duties including but not limited to checking patients in and out of office.
- Assists with outreach and education if needed
Graduation from an approved medical office assistant program or 3 years' experience. Current certification in CPR/BLS.
- Experience in phlebotomy, EPIC, certification as NIOSH Spirometry technician would be nice to have.
- Part-time position; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30a - 4:30p