The Senior Manager, Collections (Digital) is responsible for developing, leading, coaching, and managing a team of Managers to achieve key metrics and KPI's. The Senior Manager is also responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance and improve processes, reporting, metrics and customer experience. As the point person for the digital collections team, you will clarify strategic level goals for the team and outline the execution plans to achieve them.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct supervision to a team of supervisors and managers responsible for overseeing digital collections.
- Develops, manages and directs execution of digital collection strategies to minimize delinquency portfolio.
- Drives alignment, consistency and cohesiveness in people practices, team management, and customer service.
- Responsible for the achievement of overall goals with a focus on collections KPIs and metrics, while continuously identifying and executing on areas of improvement.
- Manages complex, variable, high impact issues with a sense of urgency to achieve overall objectives.
- Provides reports and other data/information related to collections performance, key metrics, scheduling/attendance, and employee development.
- Identifies, selects, develops and retains talent to meet and exceed departmental and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with training and development team to ensure employees successfully transition from training to production.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for performance management and development, up to and including coaching and corrective action where appropriate.
- Leads and implements change management initiatives while adhering to departmental policies, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with Compliance department to understand regulatory requirements and implement best practice solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years' experience in a call center or digital contact environment; 2+ years' experience supervising management-level staff
- Proven experience building and leading digital contact teams, processes and strategies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in business to consumer collections strongly preferred.
- Intrinsically motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify needs, make recommendations for improvement, see recommendations through implementation, and evaluate improvements for effectiveness.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of internet and standard business applications such as Microsoft Office; ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to effectively set and manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities in a high-volume production contact center environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business.
- Ability to think strategically and delivery tactically.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a digital environment.
- Professional in appearance and manner.