INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY TECHNICIANS
- Neuro, Cardiac and Vascular Angiography (including intraoperative), Venous interventions, biopsies, C-Arm procedures, non-vascular interventions and pain management procedures.
- Greet the patient, explain to them the examination they are about to undergo, position the patient, set the proper exposure factors in order to obtain the required quality radiograph.
- Will also practice appropriate radiation safety and protection to assure that patients do not undergo undue radiation exposure.
- Will also have a sufficient knowledge base to operate imaging equipment efficiently and effectively in order to obtain quality studies and to report any malfunctions with equipment to immediate supervisor. Responsible for processing films, inputting information into the Radiology Information System for documentation and billing purposes.
- Responsible for the proper use of imaging equipment and following department procedures and protocol as defined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Responsible for providing radiologic examinations based on referring physician and radiologist needs.
- A.A.S. in Radiologic Technology, NYS License or eligible required.
- 1 year of experience as a radiologic technologist.