ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Data Scientist Lead
Job Type/ FLSA Status
0 - 10%
ABM is currently seeking a highly motivated and well-experienced Data Scientist. Master Data Management Lead is a lead role, requiring the identified candidate to supervise and oversee data governance and data definitions. This role will be instrumental in planning and execution of the ABM's overall data governance. This role is a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX area.
- Work with cross departmental team to define metrics, guidelines, and strategies for effective use of algorithms and data.
- Work closely with statisticians to identify, design, and build appropriate datasets for complex experiments.
- Create data mining and analytics architectures, coding standards, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Establish links across existing data sources and find new, interesting mash-ups.
- Coordinate data resource requirements between analytics team and engineering teams.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and analytics team members to translate prototypes into production.
- Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures.
- Develop best practices for analytics instrumentation and experimentation.
- Develop algorithms and predictive models to solve critical business problems.
- Develop tools and libraries that will help analytics team members more efficiently interface with huge amounts of data.
- Analyze large, noisy datasets and identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable results.
- Develop and automate new enhanced imputation algorithms.
- Create informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships.
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data science services across the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to algorithms and data analytics.
- Collaborate with database and disaster recovery administrators to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the analytics team.
- Generate reports/metrics/KPIs of data quality, data cleansing and data consumption metrics for leadership and stakeholders.
- Partner with data security team and infrastructure teams to understand/establish protocols for data consumption, Masking and encryption of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in implementing machine learning models solution using various platforms.
- 7+ years of experience related to data mining techniques and data governance implementations and support.
- 5+ years of experience with data discover, connectivity and data journeys .
- 2+ years of experienced leading data cleaning teams and working with tool experts.
- Understanding of various MDM tools; TIBCO MDM, Profisee, Informatica, Oracle or Talend.
- Experience with technologies like Salesforce, SQL servers, Oracle and Azure cloud.
- Expert at manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Knowledge of map/reduce framework (hive/pig other tools for accessing data in Hadoop/HBase cluster systems) a plus.
- Fluency with scripting language such as Python, Spark, R-studio.
- Experience with handling data modeling for financial, CRM and HR domains.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Familiarity with relational, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Expert knowledge of statistical analysis tools like Matlab, Alteryx, Azure ML studio.
- Experience with very large datasets a must.
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Previous working experience with infrastructure release cycles in services-based environments and have a firm understanding of Agile principles and frameworks.
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy