ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
0 - 10%
ABM is currently seeking a highly motivated and well-experienced Data Engineer. Data Engineer will be part of data group working on integrating systems and creating various data pipelines in Azure using Azure Data Bricks, Azure data factory and python scripts. The Data engineer is an experienced data pipeline and optimizes data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure data delivery architecture is consistent. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. This roll reports into head of data engineers. This role will be instrumental in planning and execution of the ABM's overall data consolidation. This role is a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX area.
- Create and maintain data pipelines from various data sources to target systems
- Sets standard data pipeline architecture across all projects, integrations and applications
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with various stakeholders including product, application, data and security teams to support data needs
- Segregate data by data domains and maintain data security across various data domains
- Utilize advanced tools to identify and register data outliners
- Extract, transform and load data as per business requirements and architecture standards
- Partner with application owners to understand downstream and upstream implications of data updates
- Generate reports/metrics/KPIs of data pipeline execution and provides exception reports to leadership
- Partner with data security team and infrastructure teams to understand/establish protocols for data consumption, Masking and encryption of data
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in implementing data pipelines using various platforms
- 7+ years of experience related to Azure, python, spark, data lakes, data bricks, azure data factory
- 5+ years of experience with data discover, connectivity and data journeys
- 2+ years of experienced leading data architecture
- Expert understanding of various MDM tools; TIBCO MDM, Profisee, Informatica, Oracle andTalend
- Experience with technologies like Salesforce, SQL servers, Oracle and Azure cloud
- Experience with implementing data governance for financial, CRM and HR domains
- Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Previous working experience with infrastructure release cycles in services-based environments and have a firm understanding of Agile principles and frameworks.
- Previous working experience with airflow and Azure certified data engineer
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy