ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
0 - 10%
ABM is currently seeking a highly motivated and well-experienced Data Analyst. Data analyst will work with data group and will be responsible for identifying data source and identify data trends to help business initiatives. Acts as a liaison between business, data owners and data developers. This role will be instrumental in planning and execution of the ABM's overall data enablement. This role is a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX area.
- Leads inventory gathering of data sources and data definitions; Documents the data sources and data domains
- Partners with data engineers to ingest the data from various data sources and maps the linage of data
- Supports implementation of data governance and master data management initiatives
- Works with business data partners to understand the data needs for various usecases and works with data engineers/data visualization developers to build the reports
- Identify patterns in data and explore possibilities of leveraging the data patterns
- Reports and presents the data findings to business stakeholders
- Documents data security requirements and works with data engineers to implement the data security
- Works with info sec to establish guidelines for using available data domains
- Analyzes data results using various presentation tools like power bi, Tableau and Alteryx
- Analyzes data issues/problems and determines root cause working with data owners
- Educates data owners about the downstream data usage and data governance processes
- Works with change management and core applications teams in coordinating changes impacting data flows
- Defines and understand transformation of data based on business strategy and needs
- Generate reports/metrics/KPIs of data quality, data cleansing and data consumption metrics for leadership and stakeholders
- Partner with data security team and infrastructure teams to understand/establish protocols for data consumption , Masking and encryption of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in implementing data governance solution using various platforms
- 5+ years of experience related to data analysis and data cleansing
- 5+ years of experience with data discover, connectivity and data journeys
- 2+ years of experienced leading data cleaning teams and working with tool experts
- Understanding of various data tools; SQL Studio, Alteryx, Power BI and
- Experience with technologies like Salesforce, SQL servers, Oracle and Azure cloud
- Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Previous working experience with infrastructure release cycles in services-based environments and have a firm understanding of Agile principles and frameworks.
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy