ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Master Data Management Lead
Job Type/ FLSA Status
0 - 10%
ABM is currently seeking a highly motivated and well-experienced Master Data Management Lead. This is a lead role, requiring the identified candidate to supervise and oversee data governance and data definitions. This role will be instrumental in planning and execution of the ABM's overall data governance. This role is a full-time opportunity in Houston, TX area.
- Leads execution of the ABM MDM strategy and roadmaps for various data domains; Client, Product, Vendor, Employee, Industry groups etc.
- Partners with vendors to implement MDM tools to master various data domains; understand the risks and benefits of various tools.
- Establish and facilitate MDM data governance boards to build data quality and operational review of changes to data assets.
- Design and establish data steward processes to manage data updates and data ownership; User guides, procedure manuals and data flow artifacts.
- Lead implementation of MDM services for Sales, Financials, Contract Management, integration, Reporting and Analytics functions.
- Implement data definitions and data cataloging for all mastered domains; establish data consumption processes and governance.
- Partner with application owners to understand downstream and upstream implications of data updates .
- Support MDM tool for any user training, process updates and technical troubleshooting; Work with tool experts to diagnose and resolve tool issues.
- Assess data mapping and cross references among various applications to create 'reference data' for systems integrations.
- Understand external client, market and industry segmentation data provided by data vendors.
- Lead data cleansing and quality efforts to deliver pristine mastered data; Using data deduplication, fuzzy logic, clustering of data and golden record maintenance.
- Understand underlying platform databases for diagnosing issues and also handling bulk changes of data sets.
- Coach data stewards, team member on best practices and latest techniques for master data management.
- Generate reports/metrics/KPIs of data quality, data cleansing and data consumption metrics for leadership and stakeholders.
- Partner with data security team and infrastructure teams to understand/establish protocols for data consumption, Masking and encryption of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in implementing data governance solution using various platforms
- 7+ years of experience related to MDM and data governance implementations and support
- 5+ years of experience with data discover, connectivity and data journeys
- 2+ years of experienced leading data cleaning teams and working with tool experts
- Expert understanding of various MDM tools; TIBCO MDM, Profisee, Informatica, Oracle or Talend
- Experience with technologies like Salesforce, SQL servers, Oracle and Azure cloud
- Experience with implementing data governance for financial, CRM and HR domains
- Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Previous working experience with infrastructure release cycles in services-based environments and have a firm understanding of Agile principles and frameworks.
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy