ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Marketing & Communications
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Proposal Coordinator/Technical Writer is primarily responsible for overseeing the Aviation's proposal and presentation services function in support of Aviation's growth goals, strategic initiatives, and service offerings, for all aviation service lines. This will include general day-to-day administrative duties, and assisting sales and operations personnel on the preparation of sales proposals, requests for information, presentations that directly support the company's business development efforts.
Responsibilities related to the supporting sales proposals include data gathering, verification, and entry into the appropriate databases and meets company style guide standards. This role will be responsible for ensuring sales and marketing tools and resources are communicated, sales support processes are followed, and ensuring consistency of brand positioning and messaging in all sales materials. Reports to the Vice President of Sales Support.
- Process inbound RFP, RFI, and RFQ requests and maintain department production reports and schedules.
- Analyze RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs to determine specific customer requirements.
- Provide response to the client following the direction of the Vice President of Sales Support.
- Maintain the marketing database of proposal questions and answers and provide information from the database to Sales/Marketing personnel as requested.
- Coordinate scheduled internal review of database information by subject matter experts.
- Monitor proposals for accurate content and timely completion and shipping.
- Creates marketing documents such as proposals, presentations, and sales collateral using appropriate business software, ensuring content is consistent with standard company messaging and style guidelines.
- Write marketing copy for use in various media that effectively communicates services provided.
- Create graphics for proposals, corporate web site, presentations, and marketing materials when needed.
- Provide logo files, graphics, and photography support including resizing, electronic filing and the organization of image and graphic files.
- Assist print production and distribution as needed.
- Respond to requests for marketing collateral and instruct users on how to use the online print-on-demand system.
- Participate in regular calls with ABM Center of Excellence Group and serve as communication POC on new tools and materials available to the Aviation Group.
- Conduct follow-up with sales to determine the final status of business development opportunities.
- Manage Aviation's Sales Department SharePoint portal.
- Manage special projects as needed such as collateral development, training manuals, list management, data collection, and surveys.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or 3-5 years equivalent experience
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work long hours and do-whatever-it-takes to get the job done
- Ability to prioritize and work with senior managers and executives
- Positive attitude and works well with others
- Experience should include marketing production and communication and managing multiple projects. *Portfolio of Work Samples Required If Selected For An Interview
- B2B experience in the service industry a plus!
- Well-versed in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior experience with Qvidian (or other database content management applications) is highly desirable.
- Experience with managing documents in SharePoint.
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and creating, editing, and optimizing. PDF documents.
- Strong skills utilizing web-based tools and search engines.
- Experience with desktop publishing and graphic design packages such as Photoshop and InDesign.
Pittsburgh, PA 15122 US (Primary)
Sacramento, CA 94203 US
Sacramento, CA 94209 US
San Francisco, CA 94108 US
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy