ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Night Shift Manager
High School or GED
Operations, Project Management
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Night Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and administrative activities to ensure conformance to contract requirements. Develops and implements cost control measures and level of service standards to ensure compliance with customer specifications / contract requirements for assigned building. Oversees inspections, quality control measures, and the inventory control of equipment and supplies for the assigned building.
- Coordinate service activities for assigned building. Ensure that services are performed as contracted and at the intended profit margins.
- Control supplies, equipment, and personnel necessary to meet customer specifications.
- Interact with customers daily to obtain feedback on services and special needs.
- Troubleshoot potential problems and concerns.
- Manage the company's quality control monitoring and safety programs at the assigned buildings.
- Conduct quality of service inspections at assigned buildings.
- Attend ABM training workshops when scheduled.
- Develop operational improvement plans and implements process changes within assigned buildings.
- Attempt to increase revenue by ensuring the Supervisors are looking for ways to provide additional or periodic services to the customers.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and all federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Ensure that all paperwork, including terminations, labor variance action plans, and operational model is complete and accurate and is submitted to the district/hub in a timely manner.
- Analyze and manage, in a proactive manner, both the financial and the operational performance of the assigned buildings.
- Ensure that payroll is accurate and submitted to the appropriate payroll personnel in a timely manner and, when applicable, correct any payroll discrepancies.
- Work with District Manager to develop an action plan for all invoices that are outside of the contractual parameters.
- Manages and provides leadership to Supervisors, and Lead personnel assigned to the buildings.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of personnel within the assigned building.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, and terminating employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma required.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a service/customer oriented environment.
- Experience in cost estimating/pricing work.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and chemical handling/storage procedures.
- Must be able to write reports and business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Spokane, WA 99212 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy