ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Project Manager directs the staff members in the daily operations in order to maintain the facilities in a clean and orderly condition. This position will be responsible for personnel coaching and disciplining, quality control, monitoring of supply and equipment usage, maintaining a safe work environment and performing special project work. Conducts training and development of staff. Supervises set ups and tear downs for meetings and events. Responds to emergencies, such as water leaks, power outages, severe weather, etc. Performs quality assurance inspections and audits.
- Communicate effectively with employees and clients to ensure fulfillment of performance and quality requirements.
- Maintain positive relationship with client representatives.
- Control cost to ensure profitability of area of responsibility
- Ensure clients receive accurate invoices in a timely manner. Follow-up on payment of all invoices.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training of all employees in his/her area of responsibility. Ensure this is done in accordance with established procedures and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that each employee receives proper training commensurate with the job responsibilities assigned and that all training is properly documented and maintained according to Company standards.
- Ensure that duty managers and supervisors are properly trained and understand their assigned duties.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements in area of responsibility
- Ensure that payroll is prepared and transmitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that any injuries, incidents, accidents, etc are documented, reported and processed appropriately.
- Monitor safety program within area of responsibility and communicate with Safety Quality Managers on a frequent basis to ensure compliance with all Company safety standards.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Skills / Experience:
3 or more years management experience preferred
Previous industry experience preferred
Excellent communication and leadership skills
Budgeting, expense control and scheduling experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employee must comply with all guidelines and policies set forth in the Air Serv Corporation Employee Handbook. These policies include but are not limited to the Company's Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and employee handbooks. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fishers, IN 46038 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy