ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Director, Talent Acquisition, Retail Distribution
Operations, Project Management
Job Type/ FLSA Status
30 - 40%
As an integral part of the Talent Acquisition leadership team, the Talent Acquisition Director is responsible for overseeing all facets of recruiting activities for the Retail Distribution Business Group.
The individual in this position will lead a team to deliver exceptional talent acquisition service, develop and execute talent acquisition tactics and strategies, provide internal and external labor market intelligence, develop and execute process and cost related efficiencies, drive a positive candidate experience, support a powerful employer brand and build and maintain relationships at all levels within ABM, suppliers and customers. This is a highly visible role both inside and outside of our organization and this individual must be a strong and driven leader and ABM Ambassador.
- Lead and develop a Talent Acquisition (TA) team to ensure all recruitment goals are met while maintaining a collaborative and engaging team environment.
- Effectively participate in collaborative conversations with business leaders, hiring managers, and human resource leaders in order to leverage your understanding of the labor market and enable your ability to attract the right talent to fill open roles.
- Lead the TA Team to provide best - in - class recruitment including, but not limited to, posting positions, sourcing candidates, partnering with hiring managers to develop a recruitment strategy, interviewing and presenting candidates that are aligned to the position profile delivering exceptional candidate experience and extending job offers.
- Assist the TA Team to effectively create and maintain diverse candidate pipelines from a broad range of resources.
- Support the organization as the SME, including providing information and insight to ABM customers during key meetings and/or presentations
- Develop TA team utilizing a variety of techniques including: coaching, mentorship, direct oversight, monitoring for success and leadership by example
- Provide insight through metrics, measures and reporting to stakeholders around TA process and systems.
- Continuously drive measurable improvements in the recruitment and selection process, while ensuring that organizational priorities are met.
- Work collaboratively in a fast -paced environment.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and development of talent acquisition processes, systems / technology, and people in order to maximize service delivery capabilities to the business.
- Personally, handle high impact key positions as needed
- Successful filling of open jobs within the organization focused primarily on time metrics within the recruiting process, candidate quality and cost savings.
- Providing solutions that position the organization for success by having the right people in the jobs and the right time.
- Leading and developing the overall organization that understands and values recruiting and retention.
- Support the Retail Distribution team by providing consultative guidance and resources within workforce planning, talent benchmarking, market and job type data and more.
- Customer-service focus with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude and ability to make things happen.
- Passion to grow strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Endless curiosity to question the status quo and have the managerial courage to lead process improvements.
- Proactive and data-driven approach to problem solving, drive to find root causes and fix them, despite challenges.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and maintain composure in a variety of situations.
- Passion for excellence backed by a track record of accountability, collaboration, and integrity.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive talent acquisition experience, preferably within a large, complex corporate environment to include 5 years of leadership experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Higher education strongly preferred.
- Expertise and a proven track record of developing recruiting best practices, and candidate sourcing strategies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, consultative, and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of labor supply market trends and legal requirements.
- Expertise in developing and presenting strategic recruitment plans to internal clients and sourcing for high-volume, multi-site, hard-to-fill and critical positions.
- Applicant Tracking System experience.
- Ability to understand and utilize reporting to appropriate plan and respond to challenges and/or opportunities
- Understanding of labor supply market trends and legal requirements.
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy