Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Senior Internal Auditor works under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager. The primary responsibility of the Senior Internal Audit is to assist with various internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) activities.
Our Internal Audit department provides independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization's operations. This includes evaluating management systems and practices and providing recommendations designed to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of operations. The successful candidate for this new position must possess a strong work ethic and desire for continuous growth and improvement.
- Conducts audits that are operational, compliance and financial in nature, with a strong emphasis on identifying best practices to enhance productivity, accuracy and greater efficiencies
- Coordinates all audit efforts with business process owners and division management. Builds collaborative and trusting relationships with auditees, management, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Assesses results and drafts clear and relevant findings, audit reports, presentations, and other materials for management and the Audit Committee
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers
- Follows up on outstanding audit findings to ensure they are appropriately resolved
- Assists with the development of risk assessment/diagnostics, internal control evaluations, and other processes necessary to determine areas of risk or weakness that will contribute to the development of audit programs
- Maintains a professional and independent image for Internal Audit across the company
- Assists in SOX compliance including testing key controls and for proposing ways to address internal control deficiencies, remediation and overall design of internal controls
- Assists with special projects requested by management and the Audit Committee
- Meets periodically with business process owners to develop management relationships and build-out their Core-Mark network
- At least 3 years audit experience, including SOX
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks
- Excellent data analytical skills
Education / Certifications / Other
- Proven organizational skills and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work with all types of people and to easily adapt to various environments and situations necessary
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail while maintaining cost/benefit of work performed
- Proficient in desktop applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Access etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization
- General understanding of IIA standards, accounting and auditing sampling and testing methodologies, SOX requirements, and risk management preferred
- Experience at supply chain, large-scale distribution company preferred
- Combination of Public Accounting and internal audit experience preferred
- SAP background preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- CPA or CIA obtained or in process
- Ability and willingness to travel across the USA and Canada - up to 25 percent
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.