At 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC, we are recruiting talented individuals for the position of Store Manager.
99 Cents Only Stores is a unique extreme value retailer of primarily name brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for value-conscious consumers, and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for individuals and families in our communities! Our corporate associates support our stores in delivering an exemplary experience to customers with a fun,
and energetic approach,
problem-solving, and innovating ideas that bring great products at great value to families throughout the communities we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans, an outstanding 401K plan, and fantastic career opportunities! If this sounds like your next career step, read on!
The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for driving the stores merchandising strategy through presentation, product selection, inventory, display and disposal to generate profitable store growth. The SM will serve as the key leader for the business. The SM must have strong training and communication skills, and should be able to manage projects from inception to completion. The SM will ensure that customer needs and expectations are met through optimal product selection and visual merchandising throughout the store while managing the 99¢ Only Stores brand. Our stores typically employ anywhere from 25 to 40 team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be calm and effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and generate entire store product orders on a weekly (or as necessary) basis to meet sales goals and customer demand.
- Oversee the visual merchandising of the entire store, including product placement, shelf and display appearance, according to company standards.
- Lead associates in carrying out merchandising plans and customer service objectives.
- Leading recruitment, development and retention of a team that operates with clear objectives and strategies in order to achieve goals.
- Organize and maintain proper inventory levels in store backroom in order to meet store merchandise scrap and shrink objective.
- Manage receiving of merchandise according to company inventory and safety standards.
- Responsible for planning and executing Store Seasonal Set-Ups.
- Understand Profit & Loss statements (line item level), and be able to effectively manage cost controls.
- Coach and counsel associates on performance issues as required.
- Manage work schedules according to the budgeted hours and business needs.
- Manage external vendors.
- Act as first point of contact for all safety, customer and associate issues and work within company guidelines to find the best possible resolution of those issues.
- Self-motivated, driven with a strong work ethic.
- Polished interpersonal and communications skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- 5+ yrs. experience merchandising a 99¢ Only Stores or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed performance expectations.
- Ability to train and lead associates on store best practices in order to manage day to day operations.
- Execute 99¢ Only Stores visual merchandising standards as measured by regular audits
- Ability to lift one to five pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity.
99 Cents Only Stores, LLC operates nearly 400 stores in California, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada, and employs over 16,000 individuals proudly serving their communities! 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.