ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Manager of Fulfillment Center Operations - NorCal & Pacific Northwest
Job Type/ FLSA Status
50 - 60%
The Manager of Fulfillment Center Operations is dedicated to one large, national strategic account. This role is responsible for strategically and tactically developing, aligning and implementing operations programs to deliver an exceptional customer experience in ABM's service category. This position will provide both hands on and strategic direction and leadership for multiple fulfillment centers in North America. The role reports to the Enterprise Vice President for the account.
- Act as an operations and account management consultant to ABM colleagues around the country working with this key account. Enable local teams to prepare, successfully implement and manage our services.
- Drive the team to be Client centric, including developing strategies to enhance our customer service and growth, focusing on communication, service excellence, and efficiency to influence positive Client experience and feedback.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are consistent across all sites, and maintain the documented process and training materials. Audit assigned locations regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Drive Visual Controls, and Standard Work best practices in Warehouse Service Operations.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and make appropriate recommendations to executive leadership as necessary.
- Provide strategic oversight and guide teams to identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste. Analyze key metrics for each fulfillment center and ensure established goals are met in the areas of performance, quality, safety, Client satisfaction, budgetary plan, etc.
- Drive performance improvement and measure through use and interpretation of continuous improvement tools.
- Challenge the current business process and direct management to eliminate waste by reducing non-value added activities.
- Mentor leaders who thoroughly understand the work; live the philosophy of the Company and teach this philosophy to others. Encourage a culture that stops to fix problems, get quality right the first time and systematically solve root cause problems.
- Work directly with and challenge other management and employees within the organization to identify problems. Assist colleagues in determining solutions that will allow the Company to achieve its goals in the areas of profit, growth, retention and Client satisfaction.
- Work with the management team to create short-term and long-term labor needs based on sales forecasts and direction from leadership and other stakeholders within the business.
- Initiate, coordinate and oversee major projects across fulfillment centers, including startup training etc.
- Oversee and evaluate equipment and facilities maintenance program to ensure quality as well as operational efficiency.
- Oversee and monitor safety and security protocols for our processes and ultimately for our employees. Ensure proper training is conducted on the training schedule provided by our Health, Safety and Security department.
- Participate in and contribute to site performance reviews and recommend employee training and skill development activities.
- Communicate company and portfolio issues and goals. Facilitate regular/scheduled national portfolio review and planning calls on a frequency to be determined by executive leadership.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- *Job duties may be modified at any time.
- 5+ years of distribution and/or fulfillment center experience, required (Preferred)
- Ability to accomplish goals through others
- Ability to improve processes
- Ability to lead and influence people
- Ability to maintain high individual productivity in a dynamic work at office / home / client site / airport environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Bilingual proficiency (Spanish) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills; display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/Client issues or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Work professionally with Client and co-workers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement
- Domestic travel 50-65% anticipated
- As needed while at the client sites, there will be significant amounts of walking, lifting up to 40 lbs, handling pallet jack equipment, cleaning.
Boise, ID 83601 US
Sacramento, CA 94203 US
Seattle, WA 98101 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy