This role will be primarily responsible for providing operational leadership in the implementation of new programs, auditing, and training to ensure a high level of excellence and compliance. You will lead the analysis of audit results, P&L reporting and budget management while providing feedback to business unit management. Significant operational knowledge is needed along with the ability to develop and articulate strategic communication, recommendations while working closely with different departments. Additional key responsibilities include the oversight of new operational programs through scheduling, managing roll-out teams and conducting field training. This position has leadership responsibility for all stores in the business unit. The Operational Excellence Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates, schedules new program roll-outs and manages roll-out teams.
- Develops implementation processes for new program rollouts or initiatives.
- Demonstrates operational expertise by providing solutions and support to cross functional departments.
- Creates measurable reports including but not limited to new initiatives, Operational Excellence, and budgets.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure timely ordering and delivery of needed supplies, materials for efficient rollouts.
- Maintains budget compliance of rollouts through review and approval of invoicing.
- Ensures training compliance and completion through CBTs and by conducting training classes for new programs that effect operations.
- Conducts routine training meetings for management.
- Oversees the BU's store auditing processes by: reviewing store audits completed by the auditing team, auditing locations that fail two consecutive Operational Excellence audits, conducting random Operational Excellence audits.
- Provides analysis of various reports including, but not limited to: store's P&Ls, audits and budgets.
- Ensures delivery of routine communication on Operational Excellence programs including any changes.
- Adheres to the company operating policy of Legal, Ethical and Moral practices.
- Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Maintains a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; or participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership ability, good communication skills, be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience in a c-store/marketing/and/or other fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience. Multi-unit experience is preferred.
- Experience with the implementation and quality assurance of programs and projects related to operations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- A current valid driver's license is required to operate a company vehicle.
- This position may also require up to 70% travel by car.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with associates, vendors, contractors and customers.
- Ability to sit at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods at a time.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to travel to store locations as needed.
- Occasionally lifting, bending, and/or carrying up to 50 pounds from the ground to waist.
The physical requirements described herein are essential functions of this job. The Company complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability so they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
Job duties may change with or without notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: