Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a Transportation Manager, you will co-direct all functions of the Transportation Department; including creating and managing the annual business plans. You will manage drivers, routes, deliveries, maintenance, security and safety, and other transportation related functions to create direct contributions to the division and to customers' experiences. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to continuously build better service, demonstrate leadership, and instill a culture of innovation.
Skills & Experiences:
- Managing the tactical operations as well as strategic function of the transportation department.
- Coordinating maintenance, fueling, and repairs of vehicles.
- Ensuring drives meet required operating skills, training, testing, and DOT reporting.
- Managing the transportation budget.
- Developing and implementing transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
- Collaborating with peers to drive improvements in division performance; analyzing key metrics.
- Creating efficiencies within the department through timely implementation of programs and effective management of human capital and fleet.
- Discovering opportunities to improve routing operations, increase back-haul revenues, and improve departmental results.
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment by promoting and managing safety.
- Fostering professional growth of department personnel through performance management.
- Creating open lines of communication with employees.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local, and company regulations.
- Assisting in the overall selection, hiring, and management of department personnel.
- Allocating work and resources to effectively meet on-time delivery requirements.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 2 years of higher education.
- 5-7 years of transportation supervisory/management experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in budget creation and management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Possessing a valid Class A CDL preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as; excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to manage routing and distribution, and logistic computer software.
- Ability to analyze and critically evaluate situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Physical ability to sit, stand, and walk frequently for sustained periods of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.