ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Night Manager - Hours: 10pm - 7am
Operations, Project Management
Job Type/ FLSA Status
10:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Responsible for giving direction, motivation and guidance to the Environmental Services Department to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services in its highest degree.
- Promotes a customer service mindset at all times to both internal and external customers.
- Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
- Views everything with a process improvement mindset.
- Responsible for planning, directing, delegating and implementing established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Initiates new ideas to expand the department and company.
- Ensures that the department is meeting its fiscal responsibilities and operates within established budgetary guidelines.
- Creates, distributes and maintains all necessary reports and documentation for the department. Consistently submits Monthly and Hours Reports accurately and on time.
- Develops/coaches management team to ensure fullest potential is reached.
- Recruits and develops personnel, ensures work assignments and schedules meet department and facility needs to maintain quality standards.
- Ensures department Training Programs are being conducted within appropriate timeframes.
- Orders all supplies/equipment through approved vendors.
- Oversees all department related contracts with outside vendors.
- Ensures that all ABM Healthcare Support Systems and programs are in place in accordance with Regional Director of Operations or Director of Environmental Services.
- Champions all departmental TQM/ Customer Service Initiatives.
- Ensures that client's needs are met at all times.
- Reports all pertinent data to Director of Environmental Services or Regional Director of Operations and ABM Healthcare Support Services Corporate Office in a timely manner.
- Knows all procedures, union agreements, or employee personnel manuals and meets all regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
- Responds to emergencies at both night time and on weekends as required.
- Handles varying workloads and meet changing deadlines as necessary.
- Ability to accurately review and process data and attend to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with accomplishing objectives without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems.
- Works in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships; treats others courteously and with respect.
- Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant management experience is acceptable.
- Must possess a minimum of two years of proven work experience in a leadership role within the Healthcare field.
- Industry specific certification/licensure may be required.
- Knowledge of word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
- Works in a health care environment.
- This position requires walking, sitting, standing, operation of a computer keyboard. Must also have the ability to operate basic housekeeping equipment in a teaching environment.
- May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital related functions.
- Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated with a hospital environment.
- This position requires the use of solid communication as well as a running understanding of telephones and pagers throughout the day.
New Haven, CT 06510 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy