ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
This position is accountable for providing optimal customer relations, operations and maintenance management, for the assigned portfolio of facility in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures optimal customer relations are met by maintaining constant communications with customer.
- Responsible for all required reports.
- ABM Engineering Services
- Facility management
- Project liaison for outside contractors
- Provides regular monthly written status reports to customer and ABM Engineering management.
- Presents ad hoc status reports as necessary to keep customer management conversant with atypical occurrences, unusual staffing challenges, potential building related interruptions, etc
- Responsible for ensuring all contractual obligations of ABM are maintained.
- Will provide oversight to ensure that high quality operations and maintenance service is provided to assure proper performance of engineered equipment and building systems.
- Will act as primary liaison with all customer departments.
- Prepares, recommends and administers the annual budget.
- Complies with customer and ABM Engineering corporate policies (personnel, accounting, technical service, safety and health, ethical conduct, etc.) communicates to subordinates and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Ensures that federal, state and local regulatory requirements are met including DER, OSHA, FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Ensures that staff receives adequate safety, technical, administrative and other training; participates in training of direct subordinates and supervisors.
- Emergency procedures
- Schedules and coordinates overall work priorities.
- Provides subcontract management.
- Implementation and responsibility for preventive maintenance program.
- Ensures that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
- Utilizes maximum capabilities of customer work order control system.
- Develops and/or approves facility quality standards.
- Reviews completed work regularly and ensure that quality standards are met or exceeded to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Responsible for on-site staffing.
- Staffing requirements
- Qualifying performance
- Reviews/overtime justification/special requirements
- Perform periodic inspections/reports required.
- Preventive maintenance
- Operational design functions
- Hazardous material control.
- Employee right to know
- Warnings of potential exposure
- Training of employees
- BS in Facility Management or equivalent.
- Ten or more years experience with commercial MEP and HVAC equipment and systems.
- Experienced with start-up and commissioning functions as it relates to new facilities.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep records of activities performed and complete monthly reporting requirements.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other technical documentation.
- Ability to maintain excellent working relations with other staff and building tenants, local county, state and federal agencies.
- Possesses required local, state and federal licenses.
- Proven record of excellent customer service.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Excellent Leadership and team building skills.
San Jose, CA 95126 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy