We are currently seeking a Part-TimePharmacist for ourDiscovery House Northern Mainefacility located in Presque Isle, ME. Part Time Hours are4 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Discovery House Northern Maine,a member of Acadia Healthcare'sComprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. Withfull-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we areprepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the accountability of prescription medications to patients and maintenance of accurate records; provides expertise in the safe use of prescription medications in an outpatient clinic setting
- Fills prescriptions, verifies instructions from physicians on the proper amounts of medication to give to patients;
- Checks whether prescriptions will interact negatively with other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has;
- Instructs patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and informs them about potential side effects they may experience from taking the medicine;
- Advises patients about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, managing stress, and on other issues, such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem;
- Teaches other healthcare practitioners about proper medication therapies for patients;
- Completes insurance forms and work with insurance companies to ensure that patients get the medicines they need;
- May oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacists in training (interns)
- Keeps required federal, state, local or corporate records, and does other administrative tasks necessary for the professional practice of pharmacy in a clinic; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate degree in pharmacy from an accredited college or university
- Prefer previous experience in behavioral health or substance abuse treatment
- No history of alcohol or drug misuse for a period of three years before employment.
- Must have a currentPharmacist Licensein the state of Maine.