ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Provides direction and coordinates, through subordinate supervisors or lead person, department activities in commercial, industrial, or service establishments.
- Listens to and effectively communicates with District Manager, client representative and associates to ensure the successful completion of assigned and contracted work.
- Performs cleaning assignments and other physical duties in accounts that budgeted for a working supervisor.
- Investigates and resolves client concerns and complaints and effects appropriate follow up and documentation.
- Conducts daily, weekly & monthly facility inspections making appropriate observations and provides feedback to clients and associates.
- Conducts monthly account reviews and fills out and submits the appropriate forms.
- Reviews & analyzes policies, reports records & directives and communicates appropriate information with supervisors and/or associates.
- Communicates and coordinates special events with clients.
- Maintains and coordinates schedules for special project work conducted by outside contractors.
- Collects, calculates, ensures accuracy, fills out transmittal form and submits associates time and customer billing for payment.
- Collects cash from vending machines and other client sources and is responsible it's security and deposit.
- Continually develops/updates job descriptions, conducts follow up of assigned work and routes, and keeps track of problems encountered, providing feedback to supervisors and associates.
- Prepares and distributes associates routes and provides work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Monitors and maintains labor/overtime/outside expenditures budget and chemical/supply budget to ensure efficient operation and ensures budget limitations are not exceeded.
- Prepares, maintains & submits required forms, i.e., Facility Inspection Checklist, Monthly Rpt, Scrubber Condition Checklist, and Scrubber Run Rpt.
- Conducts hiring and assignment of personnel by screening applications and interviewing potential candidates and ensure compliance with applicable client requirements.
- Delivers information from HIRE PACKS to new hires and ENSURES they are fully & accurately completed and submits them to personnel.
- Conducts new employee orientation, including safety training, company policy review and site policy/procedure review.
- Maintains safety awareness and is responsible maintaining an acceptable safety record.
- Investigates and resolves associate concerns and complaints and effects appropriate follow up and internal documentation.
- Conducts quarterly supply inventory and re-orders supplies as needed.
- Prepares and submits Supplies Request Form (Client or ABM) to maintain appropriate inventory.
- Manages paper product deliveries and ensures adequate supplies are in stock by conducting periodic inventories of client supplies.
- Effectively communicates with clients and associates via two-way radios, cell phones, pagers or client approved device.
- Handles daily personnel issues, i.e., insubordination, counseling, termination, etc. and conducts 30, 60, 90-day Job Performance Evaluation of associates and documents on appropriate form.
Fills in for associates as needed and may fulfill other duties as may be assigned by the District Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED with at least five to ten years of management experience.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on observation and listening with the ability to anticipate customer needs and provide proactive solutions to ensure exceptional customer service.
Ability to work independently to accomplish pre-determined goals.
Greenwood, SC 29646 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy